Dismiss Notice

REGISTRATION IS AFTER ADMIN ACTIVATION

DONATIONS WITH PAYPAL CLICK TO BUTTON

6 MONTHS VIP - 20$; 1 YEAR VIP - 30$; 2 YEARS VIP - 50$; GOLD USER FOR LIFE VIP - 150$

DONATIONS WITH Bitcoin Address:3NRs3CK3fhXifrNYxHEZKpETDd9vNLMsMD

Dismiss Notice
The registration is approved by the Administrator. It takes about 1 day to approve your registration
Dismiss Notice
For open hidden message no need write thanks, thank etc. Enough is click to like button on right side of thread.

Using Best Reporter in Delphi

Discussion in 'Delphi Programming' started by saedi_mehdi, Dec 4, 2013.

1. saedi_mehdi

saedi_mehdi DF Junior

Hi,Can You help me  about Best Reporter Component in delphi?

2. ailime0603

ailime0603 DF Junior

I've work very long with Report Builder and FastReport. Both very good.
    Easier to handle is FastReport.

3. saedi_mehdi

saedi_mehdi DF Junior

4. GURGAH

GURGAH DF Member

absolutely FastReport. Embercadero ides allready includes it. ;)

5. whitewarriortr

whitewarriortr DF Junior

Şu an için FastReport
    Best Report Component , FastReport ...

6. Oddman

Oddman DF Member

Having worked with quick report and fast report i can see clearly that the best tool to produce reports is the quick report. That is because it has a better script engine than fast report and its reports are included in the project's exe than having to store it in an individual external folder as Fast-report do.
    Moreover it is more user friendly when it comes to design and specifically when you have to control it through your own variables-functions-procedures.

The only factor that Fast-reports exceed quick-reports is with its functionality of the Group-Header bands. Specifically the Drill functionality is a unique one that haven't seen in other report engines.

However Fast-report is complicated and very stiff with its events handlers. Not to say that you can not handle Sub-reports band's height from within its main reports events.... It's just a mess.... It has potentials but these aren't practical yet... Maybe in the future releases.. who knows

7. yeyoveloz

yeyoveloz DF Member

RE:

Anyway, choose your report tool carefully. You'll be attached to it all of your life! For example... quick reports, a lot of reports... then change to another report tool... a lot of work to convert reports. Or reportbuilder changing to fastreport, etc. It's not so easy to change from one report tool to another, caution with that.

8. lbelo

lbelo DF Member

thankyou!

9. alibamarme

alibamarme Guest

RE:

thanks

10. Philkakou

Philkakou Guest

If i understand, quick report is better for those who use both fastreport and quickreport ?

11. vallemanden

vallemandenvallemanden is a Featured Member DF Junior DF Donator

my first report was quick report, was good, but did not have the featues that i needed so changed to Report builder, and used that one for years now, but thinking about changeing to fast report now

12. sipaca

sipaca DF Member

I use fastreport and quickreport

13. markbric

markbricmarkbric is a Verified Member DF Junior

fast report is the best

14. capa59

capa59 Guest

Depend whatfor you use, report builder is excellent for images and blob reports, but not for tabular reports, there is better fastreport.

15. vader

vader Guest

Actually ReportBuilder excells in every case, if you know how to use its advanced functionality. So far it's the only tool to handle my sophisticated report needs. It can drag data from anywhere, it has advanced scripting language, it has various pipelines for getting data... You can control everything from one report module and don't need to place components on every form. You can load data even from your Delphi forms and controls, not only from datasets and own queries... So far it's the best tool for me, no analog!

16. GrHnd

GrHnd DF Member

RE:

Well, my first report was Quick Report, then i used Rave Reports, then i used Report Builder, and finally i'm using Fast Report. I think Fast Report is the best!

17. rajotero

rajotero DF Junior

For me the best one is ReportBuilder.

18. Beast Power

Beast Power DF Expert

Have used Fastreport and Quickreport, but keep on going back  to Quickreport !

19. wony

wony DF Junior

Fast Report is a very good

20. vallover

vallover DF Member

I prefer Quickreport.