1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Donation with Paypal!!!

Go to your paypal account and send directly donation to [email protected]

1 month - 10 $ - Standart VIP

6 months - 20 $- Standart VIP

1 year - 30 $- Standart VIP

2 years - 50 $- Standart VIP

Gold member for life - 150 $- Standart VIP

High Vip (Standart VIP include) group please send PM or email to [email protected] for info

After Donation please send email to [email protected]

3. Donation Ways 2020

Paysend
  4. Telegram
Dismiss Notice

Donation with Paypal!!!

Go to your paypal account and send directly donation to [email protected]

1 month - 10 $ - Standart VIP

6 months - 20 $- Standart VIP

1 year - 30 $- Standart VIP

2 years - 50 $- Standart VIP

Gold member for life - 150 $- Standart VIP

High Vip (Standart VIP include) group please send PM or email to [email protected] for info

After Donation please send email to [email protected]

Dismiss Notice
For open hidden message no need write thanks, thank etc. Enough is click to like button on right side of thread.

Installing or not Delphi-xe7 on windows XP-pro

Discussion in 'Delphi Help&Requests' started by JTKerk, Jun 23, 2015.

1. JTKerk

JTKerk DF Member DF Gold User

Hi friends.

I need your opinion and experience on this. I am running a virtual machine in which I have Windows xp-pro. My main machine has Intel Core 2 Duo with the T9400 processor on 2.53 GHz and my RAM is 8 GByte.

Now I am sharing the two of my 4 cores with the virtual machine and also I provided it with up to 3 GBytes RAM.
    However, I have to admit that I installed a 32-bit and not 64-bit windows-xp as my guest.

What concerns me is that I want to move on to Delphi xe-7 from the xe-6 series but I am afraid that I would might face problems. That is because even though with the above characteristics my guest - windows xp 32bit - shows some difficulties whenever I am opening the Delphi xe6 suite.

Specifically it takes some time to show the splash screen of Embarcadero and sometimes while I am building an application it changes the  resolution of my screen from true color to 8-bit colors.... It is as if it has some hard time when I work on Delphi xe6.
    I've already read Embarcadero's prerequisites according to one should have at least windows 2008 not saying windows 7.
    However, I noticed that many folks still uses windows xp (obviously due to its simplicity).
    So I am wondering, shall I abandon once and for all windows xp as a not compatible OS with Delphi xe suites or is there smth else that I am doing wrong ? (I could try installing a 64-bit windows xp pro as my guest OS, but I would really like to know that all the time I need until finishing all the installations won't go wasted).

What is your opinion ?
    What would you suggest me do ?

Thank you in advance

2. hatm

hatm DF Junior

RE:

Thank you!

3. fira

fira DF Member

Try running it on Win7. It works for me. :shy:

4. arifbasri

arifbasri DF Member

It works for me in Win7.

5. a3664910@drdrb.net

[email protected] DF Junior

RE:

Hello JTKerk

You should migrate to Windows 7 / 8.1 soon as possible.,
    The Delphi XE7 / XE8 bring many new features you can not use Windows XP.