Dismiss Notice

REGISTRATION IS AFTER ADMIN ACTIVATION

DONATIONS WITH PAYPAL CLICK TO BUTTON

1 MONTH VIP - 5$; 3 MONTHS VIP - 10$; 6 MONTHS VIP - 20$; 1 YEAR VIP - 30$; 2 YEARS VIP - 50$; GOLD USER FOR LIFE VIP - 150$

DONATIONS WITH Bitcoin Address:3NRs3CK3fhXifrNYxHEZKpETDd9vNLMsMD

Dismiss Notice
The registration is approved by the Administrator. It takes about 1 day to approve your registration
Dismiss Notice
For open hidden message no need write thanks, thank etc. Enough is click to like button on right side of thread.

Get mouseclick event when on disabled control

Discussion in 'Delphi Programming' started by aikona, Jun 6, 2014.

1. aikona

aikona DF Member

Hi

I use a gridpanel filled with about 80 spinedit controls
    According to a schedule some of these spinedits are disabled and enabled at a later stage.

Now the problem : If a spinedit is disabled the user has to be able to enable this.(in case of emergency)
    The preferred ways would be to use the right mouse button .... but the event is not fired because the control is disabled. ( catch 22)

One workaround is to : change to 'ReadOnly' and 'No Tabstop' and 'ChangeColor to GreyedOut' but that still leave the window popupmenu getting called ( you know the one that enables you to copy and paste)

Second workaround is to catch the mouse click in the gridpanel,but how do you identify the spinedit in that column/row

Eric

2. mrmarman

mrmarman DF Member

Hi.

If you disabled a control, mouse click(s) passed to the disabled items owner. 

I think, this code will help you.

Code:
    procedure TForm1.FormMouseUp(Sender: TObject; Button: TMouseButton;
      Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Integer);
    Var
      Pos : TPoint;
    begin
      if Button = mbRight then
      begin
        Pos.X := X;
        Pos.Y := Y;
        if  ( ControlAtPos( Pos, True, True, True ) is TSpinEdit )
        AND ( NOT TSpinEdit( ControlAtPos( Pos, True, True, True ) ).Enabled )
          then TSpinEdit( ControlAtPos( Pos, True, True, True ) ).Enabled := True;
      end;
    end;

3. aikona

aikona DF Member

Thanks

Will try this as soon as I can and give you feedback

4. aikona

aikona DF Member

Ok I had to add the 'control' name infront of ControlAtPos

My spinedits are imbedded in a gridpanel

Code:
     if  ( GRIDPANELNAME.ControlAtPos( Pos, True, True, True ) is TSpinEdit )
       AND ( NOT TSpinEdit(  GRIDPANELNAME.ControlAtPos( Pos, True, True, True ) ).Enabled )
         then TSpinEdit(  GRIDPANELNAME.ControlAtPos( Pos, True, True, True ) ).Enabled := True;

Works well

5. Prof_Ho2

Prof_Ho2 DF Member

Good example

6. adisaks

adisaks DF Member

thank you.