Dismiss Notice

REGISTRATION IS AFTER ADMIN ACTIVATION

DONATIONS WITH PAYPAL CLICK TO BUTTON

3 MONTHS VIP - 10$; 6 MONTHS VIP - 20$; 1 YEAR VIP - 30$; 2 YEARS VIP - 50$; GOLD USER FOR LIFE VIP - 150$

DONATIONS WITH Bitcoin Address:3NRs3CK3fhXifrNYxHEZKpETDd9vNLMsMD

Dismiss Notice
The registration is approved by the Administrator. It takes about 1 day to approve your registration
Dismiss Notice
For open hidden message no need write thanks, thank etc. Enough is click to like button on right side of thread.

FireDac and MemTable post to DB

Discussion in 'Delphi Programming' started by dudedolf2, Jan 11, 2015.

1. dudedolf2

dudedolf2 DF Member

[font=Arial, Liberation Sans, DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]Hi there,[/font]

[font=Arial, Liberation Sans, DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]I am new to FireDac (and these forums, so be gentle) and trying to get my head around the components. I have used ClientDataSets before so, i guess i am expecting similar functionality. I have a FDQuery in a DataModule and would like to create views of this data at run time. The way i would have done this previously is to use ClientDataSets and the CloneCursor function. This would mean that i can work on an 'independent' dataset but still save changes to the source.[/font]

[font=Arial, Liberation Sans, DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]However, with FireDac i cannot seem to do this. I tried to use CloneCursor on another FDQuery component but got a connection error (as it does not clone these properties). I partially got it working with a FDMemTable where i am able to clone and post changes to the dataset but in order to save to the DB i must call 'ApplyUpdates' on the source FDQuery.[/font]

[font=Arial, Liberation Sans, DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]Am i missing something which is stopping me saving the data from the FDMemTable straight to the DB much like a ClientDataSet. I have tried applyupdates on the FDMemTable but no joy.[/font]

[font=Arial, Liberation Sans, DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]Thank you for your time[/font]

2. mehdi.jahangard

mehdi.jahangard Guest

3. sicmy

sicmy DF Junior

thankyou