Dismiss Notice

REGISTRATION IS AFTER ADMIN ACTIVATION

DONATIONS WITH PAYPAL CLICK TO BUTTON

3 MONTHS VIP - 10$; 6 MONTHS VIP - 20$; 1 YEAR VIP - 30$; 2 YEARS VIP - 50$; GOLD USER FOR LIFE VIP - 150$

DONATIONS WITH Bitcoin Address:3NRs3CK3fhXifrNYxHEZKpETDd9vNLMsMD

Dismiss Notice
The registration is approved by the Administrator. It takes about 1 day to approve your registration
Dismiss Notice
For open hidden message no need write thanks, thank etc. Enough is click to like button on right side of thread.

Delphi and the #Code2014 Rankings

Discussion in 'News, Freeware, Open Source and Discussions' started by N0body, Jan 20, 2015.

1. N0body

N0bodyN0body is a Verified Member DelphiFan Administrator Staff Member DF Staff

The Twitter #Code2014 ranking have become a bit of a tradition. At the end of the year everyone votes for the  programming languages they used, or were their favorite for the year. Then they all get tabulated up to see how they rank. Once again Delphi did quite well, coming it at #9, just ahead of other mainstream languages like C and C++ as well as niche languages like Objective-C and Swift (developing for only one platform is so 2013). It was neck and neck with C#, ending with only 11 votes different.

Delphi finished 9th in the #Code2014 rankings on Twitter

There are actually still people voting, but the deadline was Friday, so the votes don’t count. I still appreciate the enthusiasm. Watching Delphi climb the charts was a real treat, and shows two things:

Delphi is still a very popular language
    The Delphi community is amazing
    I believe this second point to be the most important one. The community really came together to vote for Delphi and move it up the rankings. Makes me happy to be part of such an amazing community.

#  Language  Count
     1  javascript  2414
     2  python  1355
     3  java  1317
     4  ruby  1044
     5  sql  936
     6  php  882
     7  bash  871
     8  c#  814
     9  delphi  803
     10  c  692
     11  c++  598
     12  go  566
     13  clojure  504
     14  haskell  452
     15  scala  449
     16  objective-c  375
     17  swift  343
     18  livecode  280
     19  coffeescript  262
     20  f#  246
    Looking at the top languages, they mostly have a web development theme. I’ve heard before that Twitter seems to have a web development bias, and this seems to reinforce that. Also since you are allowed to vote for more than one language we see SQL with a very high ranking, even though I imagine it had very few votes just for it (I may be wrong, but it seems like the kind of language you use with a general purpose language).

[​IMG]

2. muhammet2015

muhammet2015muhammet2015 is a Verified Member DF Expert DF Payment Group

RE:

thanks

3. barakuda69

barakuda69 DF Senior DF Gold User

RE:

Go delphi !!!

GO !!! ^_^