1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Donation with Paypal!!!

Go to your paypal account and send directly donation to [email protected]gmail.com

1 month - 10 $ - Standart VIP

6 months - 20 $- Standart VIP

1 year - 30 $- Standart VIP

2 years - 50 $- Standart VIP

Gold member for life - 150 $- Standart VIP

High Vip (Standart VIP include) group please send PM or email to [email protected] for info

After Donation please send email to [email protected]

3. Donation Ways 2020

Paysend
  4. Telegram

5. Delphifan Magazine
Dismiss Notice

Donation with Paypal!!!

Go to your paypal account and send directly donation to [email protected]

1 month - 10 $ - Standart VIP

6 months - 20 $- Standart VIP

1 year - 30 $- Standart VIP

2 years - 50 $- Standart VIP

Gold member for life - 150 $- Standart VIP

High Vip (Standart VIP include) group please send PM or email to [email protected] for info

After Donation please send email to [email protected]

Dismiss Notice
For open hidden message no need write thanks, thank etc. Enough is click to like button on right side of thread.

News/Info Range checking in library code?

Discussion in 'Delphi Rss Feeds' started by AdminDF, Oct 17, 2020.

1. AdminDF

AdminDFAdminDF is a Verified Member Delphifan Staff Member DF Staff

I think everyone knows what happens in the following code: {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} {$RANGECHECKS OFF} uses Classes, Generics.Collections, SysUtils; var s: TStringList; l: TList<Integer>; begin s := TStringList.Create; try Writeln(s[0]); except on E: Exception do Writeln(E.ClassName, ': ', E.Message); end; s.Free; l := TList<Integer>.Create; try Writeln(l[0]); except on E: Exception do Writeln(E.ClassName, ': ', E.Message); end; l.Free; Readln; end. Spoiler: EStringListError: List index out of bounds (0) EArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument out of range Now we can argue if that is good or bad that regardless the rangecheck option the code in those lists always does range checking but the question I am pondering over is the following: Do I as a 3rd party library author where users can compile its code to their liking want to have the same behavior or do I want to make the range checking for index and count parameters in collection classes to depend on {$IFOPT R+} (or some other define) and let the person compiling the code decide if they want to have the range checking or not? Your suggestions and opinions are welcome. Before someone suggests it - due to possibly overallocating storage arrays and that you cannot simply rely on the range checking the compiler inserts with {$R+}

Continue reading...