1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Donation with Paypal!!!

Go to your paypal account and send directly donation to [email protected]

1 month - 10 $ - Standart VIP

6 months - 20 $- Standart VIP

1 year - 30 $- Standart VIP

2 years - 50 $- Standart VIP

Gold member for life - 150 $- Standart VIP

High Vip (Standart VIP include) group please send PM or email to [email protected] for info

After Donation please send email to [email protected]

3. Donation Ways 2020

Paysend
  4. Telegram

5. Delphifan Magazine
Dismiss Notice

Donation with Paypal!!!

Go to your paypal account and send directly donation to [email protected]

1 month - 10 $ - Standart VIP

6 months - 20 $- Standart VIP

1 year - 30 $- Standart VIP

2 years - 50 $- Standart VIP

Gold member for life - 150 $- Standart VIP

High Vip (Standart VIP include) group please send PM or email to [email protected] for info

After Donation please send email to [email protected]

Dismiss Notice
For open hidden message no need write thanks, thank etc. Enough is click to like button on right side of thread.

Installing XE7 to Windows XP

Discussion in 'Delphi Help&Requests' started by Oldman, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Oldman

Oldman DF Member

Hi all,

I used to work with Delphi 7 but the last few days I decided to jump to Delphi XE7. However before doing that I was wondering about the prerequisites of Delphi XE7. I mean that being used to work on windows xp (as a gest in a virtual machine), i can't understand how it comes that the installation can be completed without any problem.
    Since the official site states clearly that one should have at least windows 7 (and this goes for almost all the XE versions), this should drive one's attempt to install the suite in windows xp to - at least - an error message box that eventually would cancel the installation because it wouldn't be able to go on.

So i am wondering whether this is a "bad joke" of Embarcadero or a hidden deal with Microsoft that would eventually drive user's to buy/upgrade to the latest Microsoft's OS...

What is your opinion about this phenomenon. How would you explain that ?

2. Oldman

Oldman DF Member

And smth that I forgot to post in fist place...

Since the installation of Delphi XE7 to Windows XP produces errors and become infeasible, after searching a while I found this solution:
    http://blog.devart.com/resolving-rad-studio-xe7-update-1-and-rad-studio-xe8-installation-crash.html

So any of you that plan to use Windows XP as the OS for your Delphi XE7 suite, make sure to read the follow the instructions of the above link.

P.S. Does anyone has any clue about the question I've posted  ?